Tunney’s Pasture is a 49-hectare (121-acre) campus that is exclusively developed for federal government buildings. It is bordered by Scott Street to the south, Parkdale Avenue to the east, the Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway to the north, and Northwestern Avenue to the west. While strictly speaking it is confined to this area, people living in the vicinity of it will often call the wider neighbourhood Tunney’s Pasture. Little development took place in the 1990s, 2000s, and 2010s. By 2011, most buildings were considered outdated and the site under-used. So Public Works and Government Services Canada has initiated a plan to redevelop the campus with new high-rise buildings and mixed-use commercial and residential space over a 25 year period. In all, the plan aims to add between 800 to 1000 residential units.